Friday 11 January 2013

3 more sleeps!

It's getting so close now!
My room currently looks like someone with extreme OCD has come for a stay, and arranged my things into little piles, covering my floor. Really, I have no idea how it's all meant to fit into 2 rucksacks! I've sacrificed one of my pieces of luggage to make room for a guitar, which I've had fun trying to work out what is involved in checking it one, after explaining  the whole situation to a man on the phone, about how I was going to be flying on Monday, and wanted to check I could take a guitar, what were the size restrictions, did I need to check it in as special luggage etc etc, he was silent for a moment, then said.. 'So you would like to cancel your reservation?' bahhhhhh!

I've learnt about more little creatures living in Uganda than I'd care to know about! from worms that burrow into your skin, and inhabit your blood stream, to jiggers who crawl out of the dust and live happily underneath your toenails. there's some more information on these little fella me lads here if you'd like to make yourself feel slightly ill.. http://www.jigger-ahadi.org/jiggers.html.

However, this hasn't dampened my mood. The excitement has been mounting since other fellow volunteers have been setting off around the world, starting with the Malaysians yesterday. Also, finding out that Calum's coming to Kiwangala too, so there'll be 4 of us there, with 2 guitars and Also, helping to get me extremely excited for Africa was seeing The Lion King in Manchester. I was in floods in the opening scene, STUNNING show.Thank you to the perfect timing of the London show's tour!

Thanks to Holly for my lucky marble, and for everyone who came over last week before heading back to uni. Thanks to Sam for his sticky toffee puddings.. (deservedly added ). I'd like to thank all of family for being so lovely and excited for me, helping me pack, and bearing with me as I rant on about my immanent adventure. Thank you to Jenny for sorting my wardrobe with me, to Louis for stocking up my laptop with a multitude of films, to Liz for the loan of her beautiful silk sleeping bag, to Dad for being as excited as I am, and introducing me to Project Trust in the first place, and to my mum, for endless shopping trips, immunisation runs and cups of tea to try to calm me down in my moments of panic! You're all making it harder for me to leave you, but thank you.

So, next time I write on here, I'll be on the other side of the world, in a warmer, greener, noisier place.

No comments:

Post a Comment